Orange / Cranberry Cupcakes
What’s better than Orange / Cranberry Cupcakes? Delighting kids and parents alike. Put on the kettle and unwrap one of these beauties. Enjoy!
Anytime of day or evening
About this Recipe
By: Landy Anderson
A recipe for the convenience baker. Starting with a box of cake mix and doctoring it up so no one knows the better. Using fresh orange rind and orange marmalade – the aroma is guaranteed to bring you to a happy place. When you decorate these little cupcakes with parasol umbrellas – you scream FUN! A sure winner for kids and adults alike. A pool party favourite.
Ingredients — Cupcakes
1 pkg (510g) golden cake mix (Betty Crocker preferred)
1 pkg (102g) instant vanilla pudding mix
2 tsp grated orange rind (approx.1 orange)
¼ cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
¼ cup orange marmalade
¼ cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate (no pulp)
1 cup chopped frozen or fresh cranberries
24 bright coloured baking cups
Ingredients — Frosting
- 1 container (450g) vanilla frosting
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp thawed frozen orange juice concentrate (no pulp)
- 2 drops red food color
- 18 drops yellow food color
Ingredients — Decorations
24 (150 ml/5 oz) plastic wine glasses
24 cocktail parasol picks (umbrellas)
24 coloured plastic straws
24 red gummy candies (Swedish berries preferred)
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine cupcake ingredients (except for cranberries).
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in cranberries last.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake batter in baking cups until each cup is ¾ full.
- Bake for 21 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a small bowl combine frosting, icing sugar, thawed frozen orange juice concentrate and food colouring
- Cut straws in half.
- Place each cupcake inside a wine glass.
- Frost cupcakes using a frosting gun.
- Insert straw and cocktail parasol.
- Top with a red gummy candy in the centre.